About the Company
Warehouse robots. Self-driving trucks. Autonomous farm tractors. Robotic surgeons. You name it, automation is transforming most industries and touching almost every part of our daily lives. When machines take on repetitive and mundane tasks, we at Auxon believe that people are freed to innovate and create.
However, these capabilities come at the cost of incredible system complexity below the surface. Hundreds of components and millions of lines of code must all work together flawlessly, every time, in every situation. And, unfortunately, in "cyber-physical systems”, things do go wrong and often at the worst possible moments. Whether it's a single bug or a set of design issues, any system problem can delay development by weeks and months or, worse, cause harm to people and property in the real world. This unpredictability slows down progress and shakes our trust in automation.
We believe that complexity should not be a barrier to innovation, so we build the tools that software engineers and innovators need to navigate, understand, and address the risks inherent in these complex systems.
At Auxon, our mission is to enable a world of automation that we can all depend on.
Auxon tackles hard problems at a global scale, and we have found that curiosity, along with a willingness to create new frameworks of thinking and understanding, is the best route to creative, durable solutions. No rock is left unturned. No idea is too sacred. We test the resilience of each other's ideas with respect, and work hard to keep conversations productive. And then we go home. Maintaining a healthy balance between work life and personal life is vital to our success. We don't limit vacation time, and we make sure that employees and their families receive excellent healthcare benefits.
Strong candidates are empathetic, detail-oriented, and technically capable. They thrive in a fast-moving environment that transitions fluidly (and frequently) between big-picture strategy and micro-level details. (And these strong candidates nail the details).
We believe that diverse teams are better, period, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance coverage for you and your dependents(This means full Gold-plan premium coverage for the whole family.)
- Employee life insurance benefit
- Unlimited PTO + Company-wide Holidays
- 401(k) program
- Employee Stock Options
- 100% remote team
- Flexible hours
Senior Software Engineer
Full Time | RemoteApply →
We're looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with an end-user focus and strong opinions about what makes for an excellent testing & debugging experience (e.g. data visualization, CLIs, and TUIs). Ideal candidates love the idea of joining a small, dedicated senior dev team where correctness and quality matters.
Our stack is primarily Rust (both
no_std). Professional Rust experience isn't a prerequisite, but we've found that being into something a little weird is helpful (e.g. your teammates draw from backgrounds in embedded C, Erlang, and Clojure).
At Auxon, our mission is to enable a world of automation that we can all depend on. We give engineers and innovators the cutting-edge tools they need to navigate, understand, and address the risks inherent in the complex systems they're building and testing.
- Participate in product development. This mostly means coding in Rust, doing code reviews, and writing and reviewing design docs. Sometimes you'll do user-facing design work, currently in the form of CLI interactions and SDK design. Sometimes there will be some platform or language integration work as well.
- Work directly with customers to understand how to improve our products.
- Whatever else comes up. We're a small company, and we do what it takes to get things done.
- You are naturally curious about technology. When you use a platform or tool, you make it your business to figure out how it works.
- You are proficient in engineering at a system level. You know what it takes to do system-level design, implementation, and verification.
- You have experience in and strong opinions about intuitive, intelligent TUI and CLI design.
- You think about the user in all design and implementation decisions you make.
- Directly applicable technical skills: Rust, SQL, Distributed Systems. You don't need experience in all of these to apply, but you'll need to be able to learn them quickly.
- You are deeply frustrated by how broken most software is, and want to do something about it.
Product Marketing Manager
Full Time | RemoteApply →
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who can help Auxon craft, target, and execute a compelling product marketing strategy. The ideal candidate loves tech and can translate complex concepts into everyday language that a wide variety of stakeholders can understand. This is an exciting time for Auxon, and you can expect to work directly with leadership, BD, and the engineering team to develop go-to-market strategies and direct launches for our products.
Auxon is a growing and fast-moving environment. We're looking for candidates who can manage highly interdependent, complex projects without losing sight of the user. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
- Thoroughly understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments.
- Be a champion for our existing and would-be users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding.
- Work closely with Auxon leadership, BD, and engineering team to develop go-to-market strategy and direct launches for our products.
- Partner with business development team to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
- You are a storyteller. You have genuine empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from engineer to executive—and distinguish Auxon.
- You love tech and are driven to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand.
- You are organized and able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep parallel tasks on track.
- You are data-driven and like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment and are able to operate fluidly between the big-picture strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right.